Pic of the Month

Pic of the Month
You know the economy is bad when people are growing their own hats

Sunday, August 23, 2009

My new friend

I have a new friend. I obsess over her. She’s the first thing I think about in the morning. She’s the last thing I think about before I go to sleep. I constantly think of her good qualities. I crave communication with her. Everything fun I think about, I think “would she enjoy doing that with me?” She inspires me to be better in everything I do.


I felt like that about someone else once. When my relationship with Jesus was new, I obsessed over him. He was the first thing I thought about in the morning. He was the last thing I thought about before going to sleep. I constantly thought of His good qualities. I couldn’t get enough conversation with him. Everything fun I thought about, I thought “would he enjoy doing that with me?” He inspired me to be better in everything I did.


What happened? Did He change? Did He become less amazing? … less inspiring? … less fun? No, and it took a new interest to show me that.


I’ve rekindled by relationship with my Savior. He’s usually occupied the number one position in my life, but now our relationship has grown and is experiencing a new fervor that it was missing before. My new friend is amazing, but the best thing about her is that without even trying, she brought me back to a better relationship with my friend that sticks closer than a brother, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Immortal Blog by Kevin Atkins is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.