Pic of the Month

Pic of the Month
You know the economy is bad when people are growing their own hats

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Revolution 2008 Tuesday Quiet Time

I AM

I AM. It means “I exist.” Only a fool says there is no God. As Creator, I have placed adequate evidence so all who can reason can see proof of my existence. Evidence of Me can be seen in the brilliance of a diamond, the symmetry of a flower, the intricacy and order of DNA, and the expanse and balance of the stars and planets. I AM.

I AM. I have intentionally set up laws of nature, then intentionally superseded them to prove my existence beyond nature. I established the second law of thermodynamics (entropy – the tendency of things to naturally seek chaos), then built order into my creation. I set up the laws of physics, then multiplied food for thousands not once, but twice. I mandated the law of life and death, then raised Lazarus from the dead. I required the law of punishing the guilty for sin, then took the penalty upon myself for you. I created the law of gravity, then ascended before dozens of witnesses. I AM.

I AM. My name is not “I WAS.” This week you may have left behind a difficult family life, problems that are stressing you out, or a relationship that takes all your time. You may have other baggage that has caused you to be distracted from Me. You are separated from those things this week to make it easier for you to find Me. If you dwell on those things this week, you will miss Me because My name is not “I WAS.” I AM.

I AM. My name is not “I WILL BE.” You may have big things coming up next week. You may have summer jobs, summer vacations, summer fun, and maybe even summer school. Those things may steal your attention or cause you to worry. I will be with you through each of those things as you go through them, but if you worry about those things this week you will miss me because my name is not “I WILL BE.” I AM.

I AM this week, today, this very moment. I AM with you. I AM loving you. I AM revealing myself to you if you will watch and listen. I have been since before the world began and I will continue after it is gone. In every moment … I AM.

Exodus 3:13-14 (NIV)

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?" God said to Moses, "I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

Psalm 14:1a (NIV)

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

Job 36:26 (NIV)

How great is God--beyond our understanding! The number of his years is past finding out.

Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 6:25-34 (passage on worry)

Challenge: Spend the time you need today to “release” yourself from past mistakes, baggage and things you left behind. Trust God to help you through next week’s problems and ask him to remove those things from your mind this week. Concentrate on spending each and every moment in God’s presence (a form of the “present”).

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Immortal Blog by Kevin Atkins is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.